Friday, June 26, 2009

The Mall parking lot

Every time I go to the mall I am surprised by the number of cars and trucks that have been outfitted with things like Nissan Titan accessories and BMW floor mats (and yes, that means I peek inside the windows). If you are up to it, the next time you happen to visit a place with a bunch of cars, like a mall or a hospital, just take a look at how many of the vehicles have been upgraded with new wheels, or cheap body kits. There is nothing wrong with doing this, but it is just odd that so many people do it. But, I guess that if making their vehicle as personal and unique as possible is what they are all about, then the Mercedes Benz rims that are very bright and chrome are not all that surprising. So if these people are willing to spend the money to make their personal transport so unique, why is it that things like model planes and cars don’t get the same treatment? If you were to go out and purchase a nitro RC car, wouldn’t you want to make it look unique and not have to do what the box dictates? Of course you would, but many of the radio controlled vehicles I see are being driven, flown or floated while wearing the same stickers and paint that came with the box. I can guarantee that when I get my new electric RC planes that I will be at the hobby shop getting some different paint and adding my own custom decals to it. No one will be able to mistake my airplane for anyone else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment