Thursday, June 18, 2009

The end of PC gaming

I guess it doesn’t come as much of a shock to me, but I’ve given up PC gaming. There are a few key reasons for this. 1) I don’t spend a lot of time on my computer, and when I am on it, I like to be blogging or looking at those stupid viral videos everyone sends out to each other. I already have a couple of game consoles (from various eras) and they meet my needs just fine. 2) The screen on my PC is a lowly 15 inches. In fact, it’s a laptop so that is even worse for gaming. My television, on the other hand, is 46 glorious inches of HD quality and even has a small surround sound setup so that I may enjoy better sound. 3) All of the new PC games that come out usually also come out on consoles. This means that I don’t have to spend three or four grand on a dedicated gaming computer to play one or two high end games when they are also on the console that I own. 4) Many of the games that come out on the PC are not things that I like to play. For example, WoW or any other MMORPG or many RTS games are just not things that I like. Sure I may go online and play a game of air hockey on a virtual Sportcraft air hockey table or throw down some personalized poker chips, but that isn’t what real PC gaming is. Either way, I’ve given it up because it costs too much for too little. If I do use my PC for gaming purposes, it is to have it open for a walkthrough or to find Acura parts for my car while I tear up the track in my virtual car in GT4 or GT5 Prologue. Enough ranting though because I’m off to play some more awesome console games on my big TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment