Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Car movies not on my first list

After revealing my top 10 car movies, I thought I would give you some insight as to what some other people suggested that I didn’t originally include. If you are wondering why I didn’t include these originally, it’s either because I think they are stupid, or I haven’t seen them yet, and it’s most likely that I haven’t seen them.

First up is Bullitt. Now I have seen this and I didn’t think it was stupid, but for the most part, the movie is about a cop and only really features a car chase (though a very famous car chase to be sure). Nonetheless, it was not in the final cut because it did not turn my crank as much as some of the other movies on my list did.

Second on the list is Smokey and the Bandit. This movie falls under the “I haven’t seen it AND I think it’s stupid” label. I just don’t need to see a Trans Am driving around to make my life even more pathetic that it is now. If I wanted to see a Trans Am tooling around, I could just go down to the local biker bar and see who forgot their bike (and probably their new Shoei motorcycle helmet as well).
The third movie on the list is Days of Thunder. Not only do I not like NASCAR, I don’t want to sit around and these overblown excuses for race cars go around in circles endlessly when I could be buying and installing quality Acura parts for my car.
Fourth has to be the Sylvester Stallone waste of film stock called Driven. Thank god that Formula One said no to Stallone’s requests to make a film about their sport so that he could go and mess up CART or IRL or whatever he did. This movie made me want to stay home just so that I could rearrange my outdoor patio sets a gazillion times.
Fifth on the list is Redline. This falls under the haven’t seen it category, but I also have to assume that it is crap and only got any exposure because Eddie Griffin crashed an extremely expensive Enzo while attempting to turn a simple corner. Good job buddy!
So there is my worst list. I’m sure that it isn’t complete because, well, there will be many more car movies made and I can guarantee that many of them will be as horrible as having a paintball gun shot straight at your face.

1 comment: