Thursday, June 18, 2009

Winter tires and more

I have just had a revelation. Not only do I love to take my car out on the road, but I love it even more in the winter. My car has All Wheel Drive and that equals impressive handling in all weather conditions, but especially when the white powdery stuff falls from the sky. My only complaint is that I don’t have the perfect tires for the situation. Currently my car is sitting on some Bridgestone all seasons. And while they are not bad by themselves, they are not great for either perfect summer days or snowy winter evenings. Obviously it helps that my car features the permanent AWD, but I am currently looking into getting a new set of rims so that I can run both a dedicated summer and winter performance tire. For the summer ones, I want to go with 17 inch wheels and tires. I was looking at Tire Rack and found the perfect wheels, but the tires are still up for debate. The Sumitomo HTR III is cheap and won a test, but I am still not sure about them. Feel free to suggest other tires. For the winter wheels I would stick with the 16s that are currently on my car and will probably spend the dough to go with Blizzaks or Vredestein winter tires. I hear that Hakkapeliittas are good as well so I might have to check those out.
In other news, one of my other friends recently got his Mustang turbo installed and it is a beast. Of course he wants to race, but I always tell him that I will…if it is raining or snowing. In any other situation his car would eat mine alive. It’s so fast that I have almost felt the need to get out my Bell motorcycle helmets for us to wear. Luckily, it hasn’t come to that yet. Maybe I should race him with my super fast RC cars to see who would win…probably him though. Heck, he’d probably run it over just to get an unfair advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment