Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Car Magazines

I was just perusing my local bookstore over lunch and came to the conclusion that there are far too many car magazines for one person to buy. If I were to purchase every single car magazine that was in the store, it would have ended up costing me close to $200! Maybe more since there are some magazines that come from Britain and charge $11 a pop! What is the deal with this? It wasn't that long ago that these same magazines were only charging $3 or $4 for me to read them. Now, they have almost tripled in price. And I'm not talking of the 1960s or anything like that. It was earlier this decade when the prices were much more reasonable. That seems to be a trend lately. Maybe it's the fact that these magazines rely on so many ad sales, that they can't persuade the same people to sign up any more becasue even that has become more expensive. Advertisements for things like Jeep parts and BMW rims should be on the Internet because that way the companies don't have to pay exhorbitant amounts of cash just to be seen by a couple of thousand people when everyone who is on the Internet could potentially find your site using a browser. Of course, if the prices of the magazines did come down, I would find myself still spending the same amount of money, but getting more for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment